Experienced supervising social worker required to join a small but dynamic fostering team.
Fostering Supervising Social Worker
Covering North West (office in Rawtenstall)
£37,500 per annum including car allowance and out of hours payments
Full time permanent (37.5 hrs a week)
Registered Fostering Manager
In order to apply for this exciting position, we need you to have:
- A DIPSW or degree level social work
- This post requires registration to Social Work England.
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- Post qualification experience in statutory childcare services, preferably in Fostering
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Ability to use IT equipment and applications
- Excellent communication skills;
- Willingness to improve practice of self and others
- An enhanced DBS check
To provide and deliver professional support, development, and supervision to foster carers whilst promoting the safe care and development of the children and young people we support in placement in order for them to achieve their full potential in terms of their physical, social, emotional and educational needs.
To contribute to the growth and development of the service and actively participate in the recruitment, assessment and development of prospective carers.
To work in partnership with LAs to match children and young people with high quality placements where their needs can be met in a secure and nurturing environment.
You will be responsible for a caseload of 10 to 12 Foster Carers offering support and supervision as well as undertaking Form F Assessments. You will additionally be expected to be involved in covering our duty service which is available during and out of office hours on a rota basis.
Our Offer to You:
We want the very best professionals who share our determination to make a real difference to children’s lives and you will be rewarded for your expertise. Our range of benefits includes:
- Pension Scheme
- Home and Office based working arrangements
- Essential Car User Allowance for designated posts with fully subsidised parking
- An Employment Assistance Scheme that provides 24 hours access to advice and support
- Paid leave (30 days plus bank holidays)
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks. We are an Equal Opportunities employer.
If interested, please contact Tania or Rachel on Tel: 0161 359 5674 or email on Recruitment@fosteringltd.co.uk to request an application pack or arrange a discussion with a manager about this role. Direct applications only. No recruitment agencies please.